Benton Harbor, MI, United States
Provides ancillary support to chemistry department full-time and adjunct teaching personnel. Scope of responsibility includes the Napier Avenue, Bertrand Crossing, and South Haven campuses.
1. Coordinates the preparation, assembly and dismantle of all chemistry labs at all college locations
2. Responsible for preparing chemistry labs by providing chemicals, chemical solutions, glassware, personal protective equipment, etc. according to instructor requests
3. Responsible for removing chemistry labs by dismantling equipment, removing and disposing of unused chemicals following proper safety guidelines, cleaning and storing glassware, cleaning all lab work areas
4. Coordinates supplies, materials and capabilities to assure uniformity of lab activities at three campuses.
5. Understands and is familiar with preparing chemical solutions (using the concepts of molarity, normality, percent etc.) in a safe, accurate, and precise manner
6. Orders supplies as needed for stockroom and per instructor request
7. Receives shipments and store in accordance with safety guidelines.
8. Maintains and organizes stockroom according to safety standards
9. Assists Lab Manager with inventory and maintaining equipment
10. Works in conjunction with Department Supervisors, Lab Manager and Biology Lab Coordinator to maintain efficient operation of labs throughout the department.
11. Adheres to safety guidelines in proper handling, storage and disposal of materials, chemicals and hazardous wastes.
12. Trains and oversees work study participants following budget guidelines.
13. Must be able to adapt and comply with sudden changes in lab schedules. Open to assisting with all instructors and student assistants, by providing assistance in the stockroom, preparing solutions, locating chemicals and equipment, etc.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Under the limited supervision of the Lab Manager, the Chemistry Lab Coordinator helps facilitate and support the instructional process within the department. Supervises work study participants.
Associates degree in Science required, Associates degree in chemistry preferred. Minimum of one year chemistry work experience preferred. Must be responsible, organized, possess good interpersonal skills. Flexibility in hours of employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
By completing this application, your information will be added to the candidate pool. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by the department chair.
Official college transcripts are required upon hire.
Payroll will be administered through EDUStaff.
To apply, visit ****About **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a community college in southwest Michigan. We have three campuses --two of which are located ten minutes from our namesake’s breathtaking shoreline.
Like other community colleges, we offer associate degrees, certificates, and even a baccalaureate degree. But what sets us apart from our peers is our seemingly limitless potential and our people - people who care deeply about our region’s future and who are committed to student success and exemplary educational programs, strong alignments with both established and emerging industries, and productive partnerships with the communities we serve
Faculty and staff at LMC enjoy excellent benefits and a supportive and friendly work environment. LMC recently received a Capital Outlay grant from the State of Michigan and a new millage from the southwest Michigan community, so the college’s facilities will be getting innovative, sustainable upgrades in the next few years that will contribute to the comfort, productivity and collaborative environment for all employees.
Living in Southwest Michigan
Southwest Michigan attracts millions of tourists who come for our beaches
, and nationally acclaimed golf courses
. But many who visit, choose to stay for our great schools, low cost of living, and high quality of life
LMC’s main campus is nestled in a watery and wooded wildlife sanctuary, yet it’s less than a half-day’s drive from major metro areas including Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Indianapolis.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency