Berkeley, CA, United States
Jun 26, 2020
Biological/Chemical Scientist/Engineer 2
Duration: One Year
Pay Rate $80.00/hour
Hours 9am to 5pm
Are you ready to grow as a systems engineer within the Molecular diagnostics (MDX) business of *** Healthineers?
• Supports development of IVD Molecular Diagnostics OEM instrument systems with integrated sample preparation and real-time PCR instrumentation.
• Contribute to development projects on the Hamilton Starlet where Hamilton Scripting Language will be required to know to use
• Contribute to development projects on the QuantStudio5s Dx real time PCR instrument.
• Contribute to Software projects as a Systems Engineering tester
• Participate in Design Control activities: IQ/OQ, Verification and Validations, testing and documentation.
• Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team of biochemists, and software developers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelors Degree in mechanical engineering/bio-engineering with 4-6 years industry experience.
• Experience scripting Hamilton Star or Starlet platforms using Vector 4.5
• Experience in authoring and editing supporting documentation for Verification and Validation activities: such as protocols and reports.
• Operational experience setting up computers with instruments and installing software
• Recent experience running the entire workflow of a molecular workflow: from nucleic acid extraction to PCR and analysis is highly desirable.
• Strong scientific, communication and organizational skills
• Must be comfortable with handling bio-hazardous materials.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience in a ISO 13485 environment.
• Working knowledge of IT systems and connectivity, including LIMs