Hillsboro, OR, United States
May 12, 2020
WE'RE LOOKING FOR Field Service Lead
Employment type Regular / Permanent
Who we are? With 90,000 people on five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances.
SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the Resource Revolution!
Who are we looking for? Qualifications/Requirements
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, OR
* Technical Degree in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering with minimum 3 years of experience in microelectronics, power, refinery, upstream oil/gas, chemical process facilities or wastewater treatment plants, OR
* 5 years in the advanced Water Treatment
* Possess basic water treatment chemistry knowledge and be able to communicate that information to others.
* Operating experience and expertise with water treatment equipment including: evaporators, crystallizers, Howden vapor compressors, solids centrifuges and/or electric boilers
* Ability to gain and maintain access to the customer site
* Strong problem solving skills, detail-oriented
* Ability to effectively present information to functional management and to customers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
* Experience in updating operations documents and job plans
* Ability to manage and support multi-functional team in repairs/troubleshooting thermal equipment and other water treatment equipment
* Experience training operations staff
* Knowledge of structural, mechanical, hydraulics, electrical, piping, welding specifics and civil notations.
* Project management skills
* Minimum of 2 years of supervisory / leadership experience
What will you be doing? Role Summary/Purpose
The Technical Advisor will provide technical guidance and training to a team of technical professionals performing field operations. In this role, you will be responsible for providing expert guidance to an operations team in the operations of an advanced, reuse water treatment system including Brine Concentrators and Crystallizers. Duties include but not limited to assisting with the development of operations documents, assistance with , troubleshooting and escalating to appropriate personnel, acting as communications liaison between the on-site staff and SUEZ.
It is expected that the candidate will possess knowledge of water treatment equipment and be able to troubleshoot and operate evaporators, crystallizers, reverse osmosis (RO) systems, micro-filtration, clarification and conventional filtration systems. You should also be comfortable reviewing engineering, construction drawings and other documentation of water treatment systems to aid in trouble shooting and developing operation plans.
As the primary Service representative on-site, you will:
* Interface with Equipment Project Management, Services and Chemical Ops teams to meet customer requirements and expectations Provide hands on technical guidance and mentor on-site operations personnel
* Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites.
* Schedule and manage activities of outside technical experts, vendors and suppliers
* Assure services, operations, maintenance and supplies met operation manuals, specifications and performance requirements.
* Perform water analysis and collect samples
* Monitor equipment performance and operation
* Develop, execute and/or facilitate classroom and hands-on training regarding operation and maintenance of process equipment.
* Assist customer in maintaining an inventory of spare parts, adequate supply of chemicals, consumables and replacement parts.
* Work with customer to develop tools and processes to track usage inventory usage, anticipate peek needs and balance inventory levels including inventory reconciliation and reordering
* Work with PLC controls, understand water process treatment design, and repair pumps, instruments and control panels and have strong PC skills including experience with MS Excel, Word, & Access. Also a firm knowledge of programming DCS systems and able to take instruction over the **** USD
Is relocation for this position offered: Yes
Number of Job Openings: 2
Company Grade/Band: Lead Professional
SUEZ's Water Technologies and Solutions (SWTS) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
WTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Suez WTS is NOT accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Suez WTS in any fashion without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of Suez WTS. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired by Suez WTS based upon an unsolicited referral.
Orga: Water Technologies & Solutions