Las Vegas, NV 89102
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. has an opening for a hands-on Environmental Scientist/Chemist in Las Vegas. This Environmental Scientist position includes sampling and monitoring for a high profile EPA contract. The principal duties of the position include 1) maintenance, calibration, troubleshooting, and minor repair of air, water and radiation environmental sampling and monitoring equipment, and 2) performance of real time environmental monitoring and sample collection activities at hazardous waste sites, environmental emergency response sites or oil spills. A wide variety of hazardous materials may be encountered, including toxic industrial chemicals, biological agents, and radioactive materials. Sampling and monitoring activities using appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), up to and including fully encapsulated Level A, will be required.
A moderate amount of travel may be required with little advance notice.
Periodic early morning, evening and weekend extended hours, in a sometimes stressful field environment, may also be required.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Required Skills: Bachelor of Science Degree in environmental science, chemistry, physical science, or environmental engineering and a minimum of 2 years' relevant experience.
Experience should include:
- Two years experience performing multi-media environmental sampling and monitoring.
- Demonstrated expertise in the preparation of site-specific Quality Assurance Project Plans, site-specific sampling and analysis plans, Health and Safety Plans, and final reports.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to prepare, review, and revise methods or SOPs.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact in a professional manner with **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. and EPA personnel; federal, state and local authorities; and the general public.
- Successful completion or ability to successfully complete 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training.
- Must be physically capable of performing field work and lifting 50 pounds.
Desired Skills: Field portable instrument maintenance, troubleshooting and minor repair expertise.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Overview:
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit **** The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.