BIOVIA, a Dassault Systèmes brand, supports industries and organizations that rely on scientific innovation to differentiate themselves. Our customer base includes the world's largest pharmaceutical, chemical, oil & gas, agrochemical, consumer packaged goods, medical device, and contract manufacturing/research organizations.
We're looking for a dynamic scientist or engineer to work closely with customers and the BIOVIA sales team to provide pre-sales support for our applications that integrate powerful ad hoc investigational analytics with a unique data modeling technology. The software provides real-time, on-demand data access, analysis and reporting of data by the end users themselves, reducing costs by making outcomes more predictable. The Field Application Scientist will have the opportunity to work closely with the sales team providing scientific and technical presentations to promote our products and services, both to new and existing customers. Other key responsibilities will include providing marketing input for product development, coordinating the delivery of services by departments within the company, and proactively managing customer accounts in concert with the sales team. Due to the high customer-facing nature of the role, it requires someone with outstanding interpersonal skills and a willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
Requirements•Advanced degree in Chemistry, Physics, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related fields.
* Experience in consulting, technology and/or industries like Oil & Gas, CPG or Chemicals.
* Previous experience and/or familiarity with informatics, predictive modelling, scientific data capture tools, and related technologies preferred.
* Current or previous professional experience within a scientifically based software or technology based organization a definite plus
* Experience in the use of informatics software gained in industry a definite plus
* Experience in selling enterprise software following a structured, value-based sales process
* Technical knowledge in one or more of the following; Java, Perl, C , XML, Unix/Windows/Linux Platform will be a plus.
* Sophisticated customer facing skills; experience of delivering formal technical presentations to scientific audiences.
* Experience in project management, technical consulting, and experience of delivering technical training preferred.
* Highly self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a larger team.
* Ability to travel overnight.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Copyright © Ultimate Software