The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
['Sr. Scientist - Hair, Bath & Body','181232','Estée Lauder Companies Corporate Departments','Research & Development','Americas-US-NY-Melville','','','','','Full-time','1st (Day) Shift','No','Standard','','','!*!Contributions: Skilled individual contributor demonstrating collaboration, delivering sustained important contributions that impact new or improved products, packages, devices, processes or methodologies.
Leadership: Perform assignments independently. Receives guidance in novel situations. Demonstrates collaboration.
Technical: Proficient in category, building depth of technical understanding. Interprets unexpected results / learnings & recommends next steps.
Organizational: Proficient in using & seeks out opportunities to improve company capabilities & systems. Collaborates with others to connect skills needed to perform assignments / projects.
• Actively develops commercially feasible new products or modifies existing ones with minimum supervision in Bath and Body Care for multiple types of forms to include, creams, lotions, gels, aerosol, solids, surfactant systems, anhydrous systems, pigmented systems, natural spray systems, deodorants and antiperspirants and sunscreens.
• Develops own approach for the delivery of the project. Makes constructive contributions to product formulation. Designs, executes, analyses & recommends next steps to optimize delivery of project objectives – balancing agility with robustness.
• Determines stability of the formulations and ensures commercial feasibility. Increasing impact in new &/or improved products, packages, processes or methodologies. Resolves product or process problems.
• Proficient at established procedures. Sought out to help develop, pilot & train new systems. Follows projects from prototype development through manufacturing and contributes in establishing manufacturing procedures.
• Trains and directs technicians, temporary help and entry levels chemists in laboratory procedures. Checks their work.
• Stays abreast of developments in the cosmetic field and continues to demonstrate performance improvement. Review and prepares analysis of emerging cosmetic technology.
• Communicate results both orally & in writing to supervisor, key project members & highest level of management.
• Effectively collaborates within team & across functions. Drives efficiency & agility through openness to learn from & with others.
• Seeks out & recommends new consumer & / or technical interventions that could fuel business growth & agility. Awareness & flexibility to change direction as required.
• Understands key business drivers, including how the business makes money & the impact of decisions. ','!*!
B.S. Degree in Chemistry or related. Masters/Ph.D. preferred
4-5 years technical experience in the cosmetic industry – foundation formulation preferred - with 2 or more years of supervisory experience. Proficient at all aspects of category (Make-up/Treatment) technology.
','We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.','','','','','','','','Sr. Scientist - Hair, Bath & Body
The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
Website : http://www.elcompanies.com
Since Estée Lauder founded our Company in 1946 with four cosmetics products and unlimited dreams, we have grown virtually every year on the key principles she established: creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship.