Weston Solutions, Inc.
Job ID 10779
Type Regular Full-Time
Company Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
Category Staff Scientist
More information about this job
The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Childrens Hospital. These institutions have a long-standing history of working together to support our mission of leading the world in translating scientific discovery into the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure of cancer.
About the Department
The Pharmacokinetics Laboratory at SCCA is specialized in Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM) for patients diagnosed with various blood disorders. The laboratory provides its expertise and support to many providers who seek to improve their patients transplant outcomes. Providing clinical services for more than 15 years, it is one of the most highly regarded laboratories in the medical community and has clients across USA and Canada.
The main responsibilities are described below:
* Perform day to day operation of a clinical therapeutic drug monitoring laboratory.
* Operate analytical instruments, GC-MSD or LC-MSD.
* Compile and verify accuracy of clinical data. Perform drug level interpretations.
* Perform mathematical analyses with computer pharmacokinetic modeling programs.
* Follow guidelines and deliver clinical results to attending physicians and providers.
* Under the supervision of the Lab Manager and Supervisor, conduct quality control, quality improvement, and document flow control within the laboratory.
* Other duties as assigned
* BS or BA degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or related scientific field is required.
* ASCP or related certification to work in a clinical laboratory is required.
* At least 1 year of work experience in a clinical or bio-analytical laboratory is required. Prior TDM experiences are strongly preferred. Experience in handling biological specimens and knowledge of chemical extraction methodology is recommended.
* Experience in working with GC or LC is a plus.
* Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office suite) are required.
* Strong math skills are must.
* Excellent communication skills are necessary.
* Ability to closely follow established protocols.
Primary Working Hours: Tuesday-Saturday (upon completing training, employee will rotate schedule to provide coverage on Sundays and Mondays)
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at ********************* or by calling ************.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Weston Solutions, Inc.
Website : http://www.westonsolutions.com
Weston is a national environmental and infrastructure support services firm committed to safety and client value driven to be our clients’ most effective and efficient service provider for both straightforward and complex projects. Our 100% employee-owners apply their distinct skills and experience to provide excellence in the services we deliver for our industrial; commercial; and federal, state, and local government clients. For 60 years, we have solved our client’s environmental and infrastructure support challenges with a passion to serve and driven to make a difference. Our highly networked community of professionals work as “One Weston” to bring the right resources from across 27 full-service delivery center offices, plus project offices and remote resources to meet our client’s needs through a national pool of 1,100 professionals.