**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. (NP) is the global developer, manufacturer and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning and disinfection products.
We have several locations across the US and are looking for new Associates to join our team!
The R&D Documentation Specialist is a key role within the Nice Pak R&D organization and will be responsible for creating and managing product development documentation for our private label and branded wipes product portfolio. The Document Specialist will utilize his/her technical knowledge and serve as a key interface between the Product Development Scientists/Nonwoven Engineers and the Corporate Quality team to ensure accuracy, consistency, reliability and compliance of all documents within our documentation system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Responsibilities include initiating, generating, and submitting raw material and finished product specifications with supporting documentation through the corporate Master Control documentation system for review and approval. The R&D Document Specialist will support and execute documentation changes for existing products and initiate new documentation for innovation projects, partnering with the respective Scientists to accuracy and that work is completed to achieve key project milestone timings.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Initiation, generation, submission and or revision and approval of all documentation into centralized R&D repository (Master Control) to meet project needs.
• Partner with R&D Scientists and Procurement to obtain supporting documentation for new raw materials from vendors/suppliers.
• Work with Scientists/Engineers to generate and or update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Method of Manufacture, Bill of Materials, Test Methods, etc. and route for approval within current documentation processes.
• Work with supervisor to prioritize documentation needs and requests to ensure all key milestones and project commitments are delivered on time.
• Maintain a tracking log of all requests and submissions and provide status updates to key customers.
• Provide process improvement recommendation to increase speed to market centered on documentation requirements.
• Assist in improving and maintaining internal R&D data repository focused on the files used in the design history folder.
• Achievement: Ability to deliver technical work on time, without issue and in a quality manner
• Ownership: Ability to demonstrate strong ownership of assigned projects and project work – ability to work independently
• Partnership Skills: Ability to work well cross-functionally, communicate effectively and work as part of a team to achieve objectives
• Entrepreneurial Skills: Ability to demonstrate creativity in the role, explore new and more efficient ways of working and contribute new product ideas
• BS Degree in Chemistry and/or Engineering or a related science field
• Basic understanding of chemistry, raw materials and formula compositions
• Ability to organize and structure information into formatted templates
• 0-2 years of work experience, preferably prior experience in a similar document role; university technical documentation/report experience OK
• Strong record of academic achievement and a desire to succeed and grow career in a fast moving and dynamic R&D environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with members of the R&D team to collaborate on project goals.
• Ability to multi-task, be a team player, adaptable and organized
• Computer literate (MS. Word, Excel/Outlook), MS Project
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and attention to detail skills required
NONE: • Office and laboratory environment
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Driven by a commitment to research, quality and service, PDI, Inc. provides innovative products, educational resources, training and support to prevent infection transmission and promote health and wellness. Encompassing 3 areas, our Healthcare, Sani Professional and Contract manufacturing divisions, we develop, manufacture and distribute leading edge products for North America and the world.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Please refer to the Company’s Substance Abuse Policy which protects the safety and well-being of all associates and potential associates.