Apple & Associates, Inc.
95,000 - $125,000
We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to work as a Production Engineer located in the Beaumont, TX. In this role, you will play a critical role in the success of the plant processing unit. You will provide leadership and innovation to ensure that the unit is run safely and efficiently. You will also communicate with various levels of the organization to ensure targets are met and daily activities are managed properly.
· Support plant day to day operations
· Review daily production vs. commercial plan and capacity, and make/implement daily recommendations to operate at highest quality/productivity/lowest cost. Implementation includes preparing appropriate requests, writing notifications, and any other duties assigned by supervision
· Identify and implement process improvement opportunities for the plant
· Ensure that SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) meet PSM requirements
· Support Management of Change (MOC) and Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR) processes as needed to ensure safety of process changes
· Execute plant experiments (through MOC) and implement change based on experimental results
· Work with Maintenance, Production, and contractor work groups to achieve plant goals
· Utilize process historian to analyze and interpret plant operating data
· Lead OEE team and improvement programs for the plant
· Participate on cross-functional teams in support of facility goals
· Provide input to the budget and capital planning process
· Ensures optimal yield, energy, cost and quality performance in the plant
· Works with Environmental staff to ensure operation within operating permits
· Participate in plant sponsored safety processes
· Assist in plant startup including equipment and piping check out, and assist with SOP and training material development
· Responsible for mastering all unit operations
· Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
· Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
· Assists other employees in accomplishments of company goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
· Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
· Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering and 5 years of production engineering experience in a chemical, petrochemical or refining industry is required
· Must possess or be able to obtain TWIC card.
· Familiarity with chemical plant control system (DCS) and advanced process control a plus
· Six Sigma/lean experience preferred
· Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM)
· Strong computer skills, including process simulation tools such as Aspen or Unisim a plus
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization
· Able to manage multiple priorities
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
· Strong engineering, technology and business acumen to bring value to business team
· Ability to analyze complex technical issues and develop engineering solutions
At Apple & Associates, we understand that relationships are what make us stand apart. Whether you are a client or a candidate, you are an extension of the Apple & Associates’ family. Many of our recruiters have been with the company since its earliest days. They take great pride in the relationships they build; always emphasizing high standards, ethics and quality service. Our President, Debi Apple started her recruiting career in Aiken, South Carolina. She quickly became a top producer and leading authority in recruiting for the medical device, pharmaceutical and consumer product industries. Her passion and drive led her to open Apple & Associates in 1993. Under her leadership, Apple & Associates has grown to be one of the leading recruiting firms in these industries. Our company is proud to represent two of the largest medical device and pharmaceutical companies in the U.S., Covidien (formerly known as Tyco Healthcare) and our first and longtime client, Becton Dickinson. Now headquartered in Chapin, South Carolina, Apple & Associates has offices from coast to coast, offering regional recruiting expertise throughout the U.S. and Latin America. Our searches and permanent placements represent all levels, from CEO to staff level positions.