The Boeing Company
Saint Louis Missouri United States
The F-22 Raptor program is seeking an early career electronic design engineer to join a team where cutting edge technology really matters. We are seeking an engineer to help develop advanced avionic capabilities for the F-22 Raptor aircraft in St. Louis, Missouri. As an F-22 Raptor engineer you will be developing requirements that continue to advance the F-22s world class sensor, communications and weapons capabilities that are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, in order meet the customers requirements.
- Part of a SAFe Agile work environment for a multi-faceted group and be an advocate for working, adapting, encouraging Agile Teams to operate within and adapt process to this new work environment.
- Planning, design, development and verification of a highly advanced F-22 avionics sub-systems and weapon system upgrades.
- Makes use of and applies avionic sub system concepts, principles, architectures, radio frequency compatibility concepts to develop and document sub system requirements throughout the product lifecycle
- Supports avionics regulatory requirements and standards compliance and certification efforts.
- Apply general knowledge of electronic/electrical systems or subsystems and components including operating principles, design variables, performance, and key interfaces.
- Makes use of and applies general knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, software and systems. The ability to communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas and functions to evaluate technical information and issues.
- Apply general knowledge of programming languages, software development and testing tools, computing equipment and its operating systems to develop practicable requirements
- Consideration of customers (internal and external) and their needs when performing and/or working with others on routine tasks; supports others and occasionally becomes directly involved in developing and sustaining customer relationships; assists more experienced employees in seeking information to understand customers circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs; prepares information which more experienced employees will share with customers to build their understanding of issues and capabilities; considers how day-to-day actions or plans affect customers; responds quickly to help others address customer needs and resolve problems.
- Supports Program Level processes and execution, escalating impediments, managing risk, and helping drive program level continuous improvement.
- Learning Lean and Agile, and helping to leverage the unique opportunities and challenges associated with facilitating and continuously aligning a development project within an established weapon system.
- Effectively working on a diverse team that partners Boeing with Lockheed Martin and the USAF.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Bachelor of Science in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
3 or more years of avionics integration experience
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering preferred
Knowledge of avionic sub system concepts, principles, architectures, and radio frequency compatibility concepts
Knowledge of electronic/electrical systems or subsystems and components including operating principles, design variables, performance, and key interfaces
Experience writing aircraft and /or avionics requirements
Typical Education / Experience:
Bachelors and 2 or more years experience or a Masters degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.boeing.com/
Boeing is the world's leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft combined. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems. As a major service provider to NASA, Boeing is the prime contractor for the International Space Station. The company also provides numerous military and commercial airline support services. Boeing provides products and support services to customers in 150 countries and is one of the largest U.S. exporters in terms of sales.