Seeking a spacecraft vehicle engineer (VE) to support daily operations in the end to end technical management of a spacecraft mission. The VE will serve as a focal point for vehicle technical issues and functions, and coordination between site and factory engineering teams.
- The VE will provide on-site operational support and oversight, and implementation guidance for anomaly resolution and special test activities.
- Ensure long-term activities are planned and coordinated, and are ready for execution in a timely manner for spacecraft operations or the spacecraft factory provider.
- Regular on-call support and occasional support of off-hours activities.
- ing an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Evaluates customer and /operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Develops the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
Other responsibilities for this position include:
- Providing daily oversight of vehicle payload functionality
- Reviewing operational logs
- Daily trend plots analysis
- Limit check review
- Support of factory/customer requests for specific monitoring
- Coordinating implementation of Boeing Factory Recommendations
- Coordination of technical issues with local and Factory experts
- Conducting review(s) and closure(s) of discrepancy reports, providing support to the daily Site- Factory interface meeting
- Developing scripts and tools with Perl, Python, Matlab, Excel/VBA, etc
- Updating documentation as required
- Maintaining knowledge of vehicle contingency procedures
- Maintaining current workarounds and memograms
- Maintaining/updating vehicle databases as required
- Supporting memogram development, providing oversight to anomaly resolution from the system perspective
- Support calibration activities as required
- Reviewing and reporting trend analysis
- Support deployments to contingency command and control facilities
- Provide weekly and monthly status of vehicle performance
- Provide vehicle payload specific briefings and written reports as required
- Support of special Systems Engineering tests and transition related activities
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
DivisionSpace and LaunchQualifications
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Typical Education and Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors and 5 or more years experience, Masters degree with 3 or more years experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors Degree with 5 or more years of experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
Developing scripts and tools with Perl, Python, Matlab, Excel/VBA
LocationLas CrucesNew MexicoUnited StatesExperience Level
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award?
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.boeing.com/
Boeing is the world's leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft combined. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems. As a major service provider to NASA, Boeing is the prime contractor for the International Space Station. The company also provides numerous military and commercial airline support services. Boeing provides products and support services to customers in 150 countries and is one of the largest U.S. exporters in terms of sales.