Proprietary programs are seeking Reliability, Maintainability & Systems Health (RM&SH) qualified engineering candidates. Candidates must be well-versed in the technologies and analyses required to support aircraft programs at all phases of the life cycle. A highly successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, comfortable with all levels of internal and external customers. The position requires a motivated person able to contribute to the success of an integrated product team without day-to-day senior R&M supervision.
- Ability to develop, document, maintain, and execute RM&SH program plans.
- Capability to conduct reliability, testability, and maintainability analyses including life cycle modeling, Physics of Failure methods, FMEAs/FMECAs/RBDs, Testability Analysis and FRACAS.
- Understanding of appropriate use of failure rate prediction methods.
- Apply systems engineering knowledge to convert customer requirements to Statements of Work (SOW) and requirements, perform requirements verification, coordinate with test engineering, and develop Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) test plans and procedures.
- Conduct Failure Review Boards (FRB) and coordinate with Integrated Logistics Support (ILS).
- Ability to lead non-direct report teammates via influence, and provide coaching/mentoring to less experienced RM&SH teammates.
- Ability to gain the trust and respect of the customer community.
- Daily activities reliability and maintainability analyses, test support, and supplier issue resolution. Maintain requirements and performance to requirements. Communicate issues and successes to program and engineering leadership. Coordinate RM&SH activities with the customer and supplier communities as appropriate. Support engineering actions by evaluating change impact to RM&SH, provide expert input for program leadership as needed.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Must be a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15? “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position requires SSBI/Special Programs Access U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Website : http://www.boeing.com/
Boeing is the world's leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft combined. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems. As a major service provider to NASA, Boeing is the prime contractor for the International Space Station. The company also provides numerous military and commercial airline support services. Boeing provides products and support services to customers in 150 countries and is one of the largest U.S. exporters in terms of sales.