Altria Group, Inc.
We are currently seeking a qualified Contract Lab Data Quality Manager to join the Analytical Sciences Department located in our Center for Research and Technology in Richmond, VA. Analytical Sciences uses external contract labs for various projects in support of the enterprise. This position will be responsible for establishing and executing programs to ensure external contract labs provide acceptable data of known quality.
Specific accountabilities include:
• Serving as technical leader in developing and implementing processes to review quality of analytical data generated by external contract labs.
• Independently leading and conducting in-depth audits of external contract lab analytical method development activities, in-use analytical methods and quality system practices.
• Using analytical method expertise to track and assess impact of method deviations, CAPA's and audit findings/observations on external contract lab data quality.
• Serving as company lead with external contract labs to identify and correct analytical method or process issues related to unacceptable data.
• Conceiving, implementing and using systems to identify, monitor and report key metrics for external contract labs; and correlating those metrics with impact to data quality.
• Independently developing and implementing appropriate quality system documentation for data quality management of external contract labs.
• A B.S. in chemistry or other scientific discipline, M.S./Ph.D. chemistry preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years of experience as a Quality Manager in biotech, pharmaceutical or CPG industry.
• Demonstrated knowledge of analytical method development and validation and data review.
• Demonstrated experience conducting lab technical audits in compliance with recognized standards such as ISO.
• Prior experience interacting with and auditing contract labs.
• Working knowledge of GLP's as well as ICH/FDA guidelines related to product stability studies.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally ~20% of the time.
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company whose mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. Altria owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies’ brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company.
Altria Client Services’ role is to help Altria Group and its operating companies responsibly meet their business goals by providing the high quality services they require in a financially disciplined way. At Altria Client Services, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our deferred profit sharing and incentive compensation programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.
Apply for this job at https://altria.contacthr.com/60607565
View More Altria Jobs
Altria Group, Inc.
Website : http://www.altria.com
Altria Group is focused on setting standards and priorities for our companies, including valuing and respecting employees, working to reduce the harm associated with cigarettes and other tobacco products and partnering locally to improve the quality of life in the communities where we do business.