We are IFF. We are the catalyst for discoveries that spark the senses and transform the everyday. International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. is a leading innovator of sensorial experiences that move the world. At the heart of our company, we are fueled by a sense of discovery, constantly asking what if? That passion for exploration drives us to co-create unique scents and tastes in fine fragrances and beauty, detergents and household goods, as well as beloved foods and beverages.
Our 7,300 team members globally take advantage of leading consumer insights, research and development, creative expertise, and customer intimacy to develop differentiated products.
Dreamers and doers, we work tirelessly to discover flavors and fragrances that inspire customers and delight consumers. We are fueled by our four corporate values of passion, creativity, expertise and empowerment. It is the unique blend of these values that make us IFF. These qualities can be seen and felt throughout our amazing 129 year history and will continue to guide us as we explore our limitless possibilities and develop new-to-world solutions that enhance the lives of millions around the globe.
Please view our careers video at IFF Career Video- Great things are happening here
The History of IFF: The History of IFF
Follow us on social media: LinkedIn Facebook
IFF is looking for an experienced Protein Scientist to join our Flavor R&D team to facilitate new ingredient and technology development for protein-fortified food and beverage products.
The incumbent will be a key player under the Health & Nutrition Research Platform at Union Beach, NJ. A successful candidate is expected to utilize his/her advanced knowledge of protein chemistry to identify and anticipate challenges in protein-fortified food and beverage product development, and collaborate with flavor scientists to corresponding novel flavor ingredients and technologies.
* Keep track of new development in alternative protein sources.
* Identify and anticipate key challenges in protein-fortified food and beverage product development.
* Working with Analytical and Sensory teams, design and carry out experiments to develop deep understanding of molecular mechanism for the above mentioned challenges.
* Working with flavor scientists to develop new ingredients and technologies to address the protein related challenges.
* Working with flavor creation and application team to ensure successful deployment of the new ingredients and technologies.
* Presenting results regularly at R&D and project meetings, and contributing expertise to cross-functional teams.
* Degree in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, or related fields.
* Minimum of three years of experience in alternative protein ingredient development.
* Bench skills in bulk protein isolation, protein characterization, and protein interactions in complex systems.
* A motivated and independent self-starter, able to apply their knowledge of protein biochemistry to new challenges, and drive project timelines.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to work cross-functionally.
* Bonus point if you have experience with the following:
* Protein application work in food and beverage
* Flavor research
* Sensory or food texture research