A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
We have a formulation scientist position open in the Nucleic Acid therapeutics unit of NIBR Biologics Center (NBC) at our Cambridge, MA site. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced candidate having a strong background in the delivery of nucleic acid therapeutics.
The position will be laboratory based, but requires project management and leadership responsibilities within and external to the Nucleic Acid team. Hands-on responsibilities will include the development and characterization of suitable formulations for the therapeutic delivery of mRNA and oligonucleotides, evaluating external (academic and private sector) delivery technologies and tracking a variety of key delivery vehicle attributes such as stability and toxicity.
The successful candidate will have a high degree of independence regarding the planning and execution of experiments but must be able to multi-task and work in a team atmosphere. Strong verbal communication skills, a well-organized working style as well as timely and accurate technical reporting and documentation are essential to the position.
Other duties include:
• Evaluate the proposed formulations and provide recommendations to the team and senior management as to which formulations are appropriate to pursue for toxicology and clinical testing.
• Track progress against project plans, generate regular status updates, and communicate progress and issues to management.
• Maximize automation for formulation processes
• Be creative and innovation in problem solving.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or Analytical Chemistry or a Masters with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience working with nucleic acids (mRNA, antisense, CRISPR/CAS9) and corresponding formulations (lipid nanoparticles, polymer-based…)
- Knowledge of formulation development and scale up in support of preclinical and clinical development is beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot instruments and analytical assays
- Strong experience with formulation characterization, assessment of quantities and quality
- Proven track record of innovative project contributions including peer reviewed publications.
- Ability to lead projects, interact and innovate within multidisciplinary team of chemists, biologists and pharmacologists.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply for this job at https://novartis.contacthr.com/60527147
View More Novartis Jobs
Website : https://www.novartis.com/
Our mission is to care and cure. We want to discover, develop and successfully market innovative products to prevent and cure diseases, to ease suffering and to enhance the quality of life. We also want to provide a shareholder return that reflects outstanding performance and to adequately reward those who invest their money, their time and their ideas in our company.