Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Date Posted: 08/Feb/18
Job Title: Field Service Engineer- San Francisco Bay Area
Description: In the role of an Agilent Field Service Engineer (FSE) your primary responsibility will be providing on-site installations, maintenance, qualifications and repairs of Agilent and multi-vendor system solutions. Typical analytical products supported include LC, GC, MS, UV/VIS and Data Systems. This position is primarily responsible for supporting the LC/LCMS and/or GC/GCMS customer install base that includes San Francisco Bay area. In addition, it is not uncommon to routinely perform service activities in neighboring districts or occasionally throughout the U.S. as needed.
In addition to those activities defined above, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Establishing and maintaining a highly responsive relationship and effective communication with customers, sales reps, peers and other departments within Agilent to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Setting clear customer expectations and following through on commitments associated with all service activities.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance and configurations which may impact product performance. This could include providing customer training as required.
- Providing service in accordance to customers entitlement (contract, warranty or trade).
- Drive business results by actively participating in Field Service Engineer (FSE) Lead Programs with the intent of driving potential sales opportunities and increasing revenue.
- Adhering to Agilents business priorities associated with FSE utilization, call closure and parts inventory management.
- Maintaining up to date technical knowledge for assigned products.
- Partnering with colleagues and Agilents Solution Unit acting as an internal resource on technical issues.
- Adhering to environmental health and safety guidelines.
The above responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the successful candidate. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
- BS Degree in Sciences (Chemistry, Biology, Engineering etc.) or equivalent combination of education and hands on work experience.
- 4 years related hands-on GC, GCMS, LC or LCMS experience with Service experience preferred.
- Ability to provide superior customers support
- Familiarity with dissolution products; specifically with manufacturers such as Distek, Hanson or Vankel highly desired.
- Proven track record of successful field customer management.
- Strong organizational and leadership capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Demonstrated ability to perform hands on maintenance, installations and selected repairs on analytical instruments.
- Ability to solve, high impact problems related to product availability; typically system/solution focused.
- Must be available for up to 75% travel that may include over-night stays. - No expectation for 75% - please change to 25%
- A valid drivers license is required.
Geo location: San Francisco Bay area
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact 1-************ (US and Canada only) or email ***********************. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Business: Agilent CrossLab Group
Job Category: Support / Service
Job Sub-Category: Field Service Engineer
Country or Area: United States
Town/City: Palo Alto
Shift: Day Job
Job Type: Experienced
Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
(Temp Positions Only): Not applicable
HR Country Location: United States
HR Town/City Location : San Francisco
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Website : http://www.agilent.com/
Agilent is a leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets. The company provides laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise, enabling customers to gain the insights they seek. Agilent’s expertise and trusted collaboration give them the highest confidence in our solutions. Agilent focuses its expertise on six key markets, where we help our customers achieve their goals: