Boulder, CO, United States
Sciences, Scientist, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical
Pfizer Boulder Research and Development is looking to expand its research organization. We are focused on the discovery and development of targeted small molecule drugs to treat patients afflicted with cancer.
Based in Colorado, with more than 300 days a year of sunshine, Boulder is a paradise in the West! Hikers, bikers, foodies, beer enthusiasts, art and theater lovers, and more feel right at home here. Visit https://www.bouldercoloradousa.com/ to discover what we love about Boulder. Many colleagues live just outside of Boulder in Longmont, Westminster, Lafayette, and other surrounding communities and have commutes of only 15 to 30 minutes.
We are seeking PhD chemists with 0-4 years experience with strong synthetic organic chemistry skills for a laboratory-based position focused on the design and synthesis of novel small molecule drugs. The successful candidate will work well in a team environment, be innovative in synthetic planning, and highly motivated to help meet team driven goals.
• Participate in the design of new small molecule drugs
• Develop and execute synthetic routes to deliver team objectives
• Critically evaluate and troubleshoot reaction sequences
• Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab
• Evaluate complex data sets to develop strategies aimed at drug optimization
• Prepare and present research results to chemistry and project team members
• Regularly interact and cooperate with team members across functional areas
• Work in partnership with external collaborators
• Keep current with the chemistry literature as well as key biology publications related to ongoing projects
• Ph.D. in organic chemistry is required prior to start date
• Proven track record through high quality publications and presentations
• Expertise in NMR, automated chromatography and LC/MS
• Demonstrated ability to carry out multistep synthetic chemistry sequences
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task in the laboratory while pursuing multiple targets in parallel
• Post-doctoral training
• Experience mentoring and working with junior scientists
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
Additional Location Information: Boulder, CO
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Website : http://www.pfizer.com