Sgs Automotive Services Inc
Responsible for analysis and reporting of various products such as crude oil, fuel oils, middle distillates, petroleum and petrochemicals, LPG & LNG gases, etc..
– Responsible for all Laboratory analysis (hands-on working on the Bench).
– Understand and keep current with all Laboratory safety and reporting techniques.
– Provide guidance to Laboratory Technicians to maintain proper level of training among Laboratory personnel, which can include supervisory duties.
– Complete all Laboratory reports, as applicable.
– Understand and keep current with all Laboratory analysis methods.
– Responsible for the operation of Gas Chromatograph and other Laboratory equipment.
– Responsible for the maintenance and calibration of Laboratory equipment.
– Position requires a dependable and reliable individual; whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department.
– Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or a related science preferred, or equivalent work experience; coupled with a minimum of one (1) year of direct transferable experience working in a laboratory.
– Knowledgably in ASTM, CPL, ISO, and other petroleum product specifications
– Must be able to work with all chemical, petrochemical and petroleum products.
– Must be able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight.
– Position may require an individual to return back to the laboratory, other than regular business hours, which can include evenings, weekend / holidays, when needed to meet business / customer commitments.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization.
– Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into solutions and work effectively under pressure while acting accordingly to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity.
– High level of accuracy is required, with special attention to details.
– Ability to work effectively under pressure, while balancing numerous projects concurrently with different deadlines.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
Sgs Automotive Services Inc
Website : http://www.sgs.com
SGS provides worldwide, independent services that make a difference in people’s lives. Our international experts help you operate in more efficient and sustainable ways by streamlining processes, improving quality and productivity, reducing risk, verifying compliance and increasing speed to market. Our core service activities cover all industry sectors and touch the products and services that consumers around the world rely on every day. Wherever you are in the world, in whatever industry, you can rely on our international teams of experts to provide you with specialized business solutions to make your business faster, simpler and more efficient. We partner with you to offer independent services that will help you reduce risk, streamline your processes and operate in a more sustainable manner. You can find out more about how we can help you reach your objectives by viewing our corporate video. SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.