Want to work for a company that gives you opportunities to grow in a collaborative environment? How about working for a global manufacturer with a rich history and even brighter future?
Armstrong World Industries began over 150 years ago as a small cork-cutting shop in Pittsburgh, PA. From that small business, we became the global leader in ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions that contribute to better, more inspiring buildings that can improve how we all live, work, learn, heal and feel. At Armstrong World Industries, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Come build your future with us!
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) has a job opportunity for a Manufacturing Process Engineer to be located in Macon, GA. The Process Engineer will be responsible for effectively providing hands-on technical support, project management and process improvement leadership so that the plant meets its manufacturing goals and continuously improves beyond best practice in safety, quality, cost, and effectiveness.
Key Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Process Engineer:
* Serving as Project leader, manager of medium to large scope projects including cost reduction, new product development, energy utilization, and process improvement
* Investigating improvement opportunities and initiate critical manufacturing process improvement projects
* Driving practical knowledge of science and technology into all levels of the manufacturing organization for improved plant performance
* Leading cross functional teams to achieve improvement objectives
* Working with operators, supervisors, maintenance and other technical people in hands on troubleshooting of technical problems
* Providing technical expertise and leadership in applying process improvement tools such as Lean, six sigma, design of experiments and statistical process control and use these tools to identify and improve plant performance
Required Qualifications for the Manufacturing Process Engineer:
* Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or related technical discipline
* 2 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
* Experience in a manufacturing environment
* Demonstrated ability to manage and drive improvement in process control
* Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
* Team player with proven ability to execute in all phases of projects
* Well-developed computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and statistical analysis programs such as Minitab
* Willingness to work off shift hours in support of plant initiatives
Desired Qualifications for the Manufacturing Process Engineer:
* Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean and/or other process improvement methodologies
About the Location (Macon, GA)
Our Macon Plant, one of six Armstrong ceiling plants, employs approximately 435 people working on rotating shifts, 24/7, in the manufacture and shipment of acoustical ceiling tile to Armstrong's customers. Located approximately 85 miles south of Atlanta, the Macon facility has 33 acres under one roof, or 1.5 million square feet of floor space. It is the largest ceiling tile factory in the world. The operations are complex, automated, use the latest modern management technology, and manufacture a wide range of commercial and residential ceiling products.
Macon, also known as the Cherry Blossom Capital of the World, is in the heart of Georgia and marks a historical crossroads in the south. The city carries with it a rich cultural heritage while creating a strong vision for the future. Macon offers the amenities of a small friendly city with the advantages of a growing community.
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, Armstrong World Industries offers interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we're here to serve – our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
* Standard benefit package offerings: Medical, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance
* Long term disability coverage
* Vacation and sick time
* Product discount programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: AWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Armstrong employees directly in an attempt to present candidates.
Armstrong will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Armstrong, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Armstrong mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Armstrong employees, or to Armstrong's resume database will be considered Armstrong property. Armstrong will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Armstrong will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees.
Armstrong will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed Armstrong contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted.
Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Armstrong's Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager or his or her designee. No other Armstrong employee is authorized to bind Armstrong to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Armstrong, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this policy.