Sr. Chemist I - Beachwood, OH-1802606
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Sr. Chemist I (1802660) - Beachwood, OH
The Sr. Chemist I position supports the interface between Manufacturing, Research, and Commercial groups within the Chemical Catalysts business. The successful candidate will be an individual contributor within the chemical catalyst R&D group at the Beachwood site in Beachwood, OH. The Chemical Catalyst R&D group at the Beachwood site conducts research, scale-up and manufacturing support for catalyst formulations to be processed in the variety of global manufacturing facilities or tollers with the end result of catalysts that can be used in chemical processes. This position is for a highly motivated scientist to lead projects related to process catalyst research and development in a laboratory and pilot plant environment in Beachwood, OH. The successful candidate will have a strong background in both research and manufacturing related to inorganic materials.
QUALIFICATIONS - BASF RECOGNIZES INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION WHICH ARE ACCREDITED BY THE COUNCIL FOR HIGHER EDUCATION ACCREDITATION OR EQUIVALENT
Formula for Success
- With your advanced degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Materials Science, you will provide technical expertise for the development of new catalyst formulations, improvement of existing recipes, and investigate new manufacturing technologies while working with technicians in lab, pilot plant, and plant trial activities. You will be a technical resource for the NA catalyst production community
- Leveraging your related experience in Catalyst research, scale up, development or manufacturing, you will develop creative solutions for formulation of Base Metal, Precious Metal, and Zeolite based products.
- Utilizing your ability to engage with internal and external partners, you will collaborate with scientists, engineers, and manufacturing associates working on new product development; interface with potential and existing customers; and act as a liaison between customers, lab/pilot plant, manufacturing and business colleagues.
- Acting as a role model for continuous improvement and safety, you will collaborate with manufacturing associates for product or process improvements, focused on inherently safe or high-quality manufacturing.
- Leveraging your ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, you will handle multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced lab and pilot plant atmosphere
- Utilizing your in-depth knowledge or research principles and techniques, you will demonstrate excellent laboratory skills, including detailed record keeping and knowledge of safe handling of chemicals, and preparation of detailed work instructions.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-OH-Beachwood
FUNCTION: REDE - Research & Development
JOB TYPE: Standard
SHIFT: Day Job
ORGANIZATION: RCC Heterogeneous Catalysis 60000037