Apple & Associates, Inc.
100,000 - $125,000
Sr. Engineer Fixed Equipment
- Lake Charles, LA
Our client is an international integrated energy and chemical company that leverages the talent and expertise of more than 34,000 people working in 38 countries. A career here provides opportunities to experience variety through exposure in various facets of our integrated energy and chemicals value chain; upstream (exploration & production), mining, downstream, chemicals and new energy.
Experience and/or Education Requirements
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or related field
• 4+ years relevant experience
• Experience in a PSM and ISO environment preferred
• Excellent organizational skills with good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Leadership style must include values driven leadership, cultural sensitive, business acumen, balanced conceptual and practical.
• The ability to work independently exists, such that typical assignments can be completed with moderate to minimal supervision:
o Develop and / or execute average complexity projects & assignments per company processes, policies and procedures within schedule & cost budgets
o Independently drive projects to completion. Understands how and who to work with to complete an assignment.
o Provide technical support to sustain or improve profitability
o Independently develop new or improved products / processes / techniques related to their area of expertise
o Results are typically reviewed / critiqued after achievement of pre-established milestones, or work is completed
• Work with all divisions of the complex to solve plant problems. Support with troubleshooting and improvements in technology
• Support project teams in following Company Business Development & Implementation model for capital projects
• Has a thorough understanding of general technical principles; routinely demonstrates the ability to apply these principles in everyday work
• Through building experience the candidate has reached the point where they understand theories and concepts of their discipline
• Has gained expertise in one or more areas, and has the potential to be (or already is) considered a subject matter expert
At Apple & Associates, we understand that relationships are what make us stand apart. Whether you are a client or a candidate, you are an extension of the Apple & Associates’ family. Many of our recruiters have been with the company since its earliest days. They take great pride in the relationships they build; always emphasizing high standards, ethics and quality service. Our President, Debi Apple started her recruiting career in Aiken, South Carolina. She quickly became a top producer and leading authority in recruiting for the medical device, pharmaceutical and consumer product industries. Her passion and drive led her to open Apple & Associates in 1993. Under her leadership, Apple & Associates has grown to be one of the leading recruiting firms in these industries. Our company is proud to represent two of the largest medical device and pharmaceutical companies in the U.S., Covidien (formerly known as Tyco Healthcare) and our first and longtime client, Becton Dickinson. Now headquartered in Chapin, South Carolina, Apple & Associates has offices from coast to coast, offering regional recruiting expertise throughout the U.S. and Latin America. Our searches and permanent placements represent all levels, from CEO to staff level positions.