The Boeing Company's Space Electronics organization is seeking an experienced Technology Qualification and Device Reliability Engineer in El Segundo, CA.
* Design and manage evaluations of the reliability and environmental robustness of some new technologies;
* Assist with leadership of Boeing’s Technology Qualification laboratory;
* Monitor and guide vendors of new solid-state devices to ensure their processing, evaluation, screening, etc. are sufficient for Boeing’s purposes;
* Develop new techniques for characterization and reliability/robustness estimation, as required by new device technologies and new applications.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Typical Education and/or Experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience working physics of solid state devices, device processing, and materials analysis
* This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience working principles of life testing; principles of environmental testing; characterization of modern devices; physical analysis; principles of radiation damage in devices, principles of radiation testing; statistics of device reliability.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Website : http://www.boeing.com/
Boeing is the world's leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft combined. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems. As a major service provider to NASA, Boeing is the prime contractor for the International Space Station. The company also provides numerous military and commercial airline support services. Boeing provides products and support services to customers in 150 countries and is one of the largest U.S. exporters in terms of sales.