The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking an experienced Metrology Engineer (Level 3) to join the Metrology Lab at the Boeing Guidance Repair Center (BGRC) located in Heath, OH.
Your duties as an engineer will include (but are not limited to):
* Performs calibration data analysis. Develops and validates calibration data processing tools
* Ensures calibration data validity using established Metrology practices and procedures
* Conducts measurement uncertainty evaluation
* Performs measurement and test equipment service interval analysis
* Develops solutions to a wide range of metrology problems
* Determines and solves approaches to data collection and calibration
* Assists with the development of metrology processes, methods and tools
* Provides functional guidance to less experienced staff; acts in a technical guidance capacity
* Designs calibration systems/test fixtures
* Develops data processing tools and algorithms
* Authors and validates calibration procedures
* Conducts measurement uncertainty evaluation per accepted standards
* Develops complex measurement and test equipment solutions
* Provides engineering guidance of the fabrication, assembly, calibration, installation and checkout of calibration systems
* Performs or directs calibration system setup in order to satisfy design requirements and verify system readiness
* Develops project plans using the principles of project management in order the achieve program cost, schedule and performance goals
* Identifies and creates calibration approaches by analyzing requirements and parameters with respect to written standards, processes and procedures
* Participates in proposal preparation including labor and material estimating
* Defines work statement; by evaluating measurement and calibration requirements to meet customer needs
* Defines requirements for measurement and test equipment calibration per existing processes and procedures in collaboration with customers in order to satisfy customer needs
* Supports the calibration and certification of tools and measurement and test equipment
* Maintains the calibration system using established methods, processes and procedures
* Maintains reference standard traceability, calibration procedures and software, calibration methods and measurement parameter capability
* Performs functions as required to ensure calibration system readiness and data validity
* Develops solutions to emergent requirements during day-to-day activities
* Perform process audits and generate First Time Quality metrics
* Develop metrology capability matrix
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
* Experience writing or editing calibration procedures
* Experience conducting test in a lab or production environment
* Experience conducting verification, test, and/or data analysis
* Experience developing detailed test points from system level specification requirements, test planning, execution and reporting test results
* Experience working in metrology
* Experience using uncertainty analysis or statistics to determine measurement uncertainties or product specifications
* Experience with Automated Test Equipment stations
* Experience with a quality management system
* Familiar with the USAF instructions for PMEL/Calibration
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
This position is based in Heath, OH and does not offer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Website : http://www.boeing.com/
Boeing is the world's leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft combined. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems. As a major service provider to NASA, Boeing is the prime contractor for the International Space Station. The company also provides numerous military and commercial airline support services. Boeing provides products and support services to customers in 150 countries and is one of the largest U.S. exporters in terms of sales.