The Packaging Engineer designs/develops, tests, and implements packaging designs that are an integral part of the organizations Product Development Process.
The Packaging Engineer works with internal resources and packaging suppliers to achieve functional packaging goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Oversee and manage complete packaging development process, including the creation of packaging designs, prototype development, and performance testing.
* Troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials and processes and provide creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions.
* Ability to identify lab equipment needed to perform detailed product testing and/or outside lab facilities to be used for product testing.
* Analyze engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling, environmental and safety requirements, and types of materials required for packaging.
* Establish standards and guidelines for supplier evaluation. Evaluate and select packaging suppliers/vendors; periodically conduct vendor reviews.
* Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Work closely with global suppliers, engineering, product management, operations, and sourcing.
* Participate in product introduction teams, to deliver new products to market.
* Identify and implement cost saving initiatives related to plastic packaging materials, labor, efficiency, transportation, and storage.
* Work closely with Engineering to optimize packaging supply base for cost, lead time, quality, regionalization, standardization, supply assurance, and compliance with customer, regulatory, and internal requirements.
* Specify and recommend efficiency tools and test methods to develop and validate packaging designs.
* Work with the manufacturing departments to ensure that the packaging designs are optimized for manufacturability.
* Develop and implement comprehensive test plans to ensure that packaging exceeds customer specifications.
* Knowledge of plastics (specifically film structures) and laminations a MUST.
* Bachelors degree in Chemical engineering or packaging engineering.
* Must have 5 years of experience in industrial or consumer packaging
* Knowledge and understanding of packaging design validation standards (ISO, ASTM, etc.), drafting and specification standards is essential.
* Demonstrable proficiency in 3D software is needed.
* Problem solving and decision making skills are necessary.
* Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Good communication skills, orally and in writing.
* Understanding of process improvement, quality, improvement concepts.
* Should have experience in rapid prototyping.
* Must be able to demonstrate project management skills and experience.
* Ability to travel nationally & internationally
JSPLASTICS PACKAGING ENG WI
Website : http://www.sysearch.com/
Systems Search is the right partner for you to find that perfect job or if your company needs to fill a difficult position. Our 20 plus years of expertise , has enabled us to successfully place hundreds of highly qualified applicants in a wide variety of IT and professional jobs. We pride ourselves in our ability to identify qualified candidates who are excellent matches for our client companies. Systems Search allows you to reach your potential through our Preferred Member status in the Top Echelon Network, and gives you full access to more quality jobs, To achieve this function, start by putting your resume and the required data about yourself into our system. You may view the current jobs available nationwide and apply for them, or set alerts as new opportunities come up that meet your criteria.