Profile Chemist Assistant
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
401K, Dental, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
“Wide range of benefits, small family culture environment, great compensation and growth potential.”
Profile Chemist Assistant
A fast paced environmental
firm is looking for an experienced individual with a proven track record in the hazardous materials transportation field. We are seeking a full time Profile Chemist Assistant. This position is described herein and is an integral part of the team and the assistant to the Technical Manager. Chemist will work closely with the Project Coordinator, President and Virtual Manager. Candidate must be knowledgeable, dependable, punctual, hardworking, highly motivated and organized.
· Assist with Warehouse Inspections of 10-day stored waste
· Schedule upcoming projects via phone and/or email
· Demonstrate a high level of customer service to clients and/or prospects both in person and over the phone.
· Generate legal documentation to accompany hazardous, non-hazardous and universal waste (hazardous waste manifests, universal waste manifests & waste profiles)
· Assist the Technical Manager in maintaining documentation within the company server
· Data Entry: generate hazardous waste profiles and transport manifests inclusive of printing all forms of documentation as well as labels to accompany waste.
· Identify, profile and direct waste streams to disposal facilities in accordance with all regulations and facility acceptance criteria
· Oversee the collection, treatment, storage, transportation, and shipping of hazardous waste for safe and legal handling.
Maintain and analyze environmental records.
Order, analyze and interpret laboratory reports from site sampling.
Assist Technical Manager with supporting data with regard to environmental reports of various types to the State and on behalf of specific clients.
Assist with project plans and site assessments.
Keep abreast of environmental regulations so the organization's environmental management policies remain current and relevant.
Maintain positive relationships with clients and vendors
Participate actively in the development of operating goals and objectives
Respond to inquiries immediately and handle administrative tasks on each account
· Perform other Duties as assigned
· Assist Project Coordinator with various tasks
Qualifications, Education, Skills & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Chemistry, Industrial, Chemical or Manufacturing Engineering or a related EHS, Safety field.
At least 1 to 2 years of related EHS and TSDF work experience required
Knowledge of OSHA, DOT, EPA, State and local regulations is absolutely required.
40-hour HAZWOPER certification & other relative extended education
Must have working knowledge of regulations that pertain to position (i.e., 29 CFR, 40 CFR, 49 CFR, Title 22 CCR, etc.)
Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel (advanced level), PowerPoint, Word and Outlook. PC experience, Mac a plus. Must be able to demonstrate past work in a Manifest Database and Waste Profile Portal
Excellent communication skills – both oral and written.
Ability to prioritize work, develop strategies and meet changing, demanding deadlines while assuring accuracy, high level of customer service and completeness of work with the best attitude.
Ability to travel 5-10%% of the time within the Hawaiian Islands during the work week (M-F).
Strong focus on safety culture
Ability to be pliable with challenging situations and last minute changes
Positive attitude and willingness to learn new tasks
Knowledge of Laboratory Chain of Custody Sheets, able to interpret analytical reports, pulling waste samples and property packaging for shipment to lab.
· We offer a wide range of great benefits and perks to our employees to ensure they feel comfortable. It is small business environment with a family oriented culture known to take care of its employees. We offer progressive compensation with annual reviews, company-paid medical benefits for the employee (single plan), company-matching 401K contributions, regular recognition and bonuses, and many company-sponsored, family events away from work. Offered salary to commensurate with experience and training. Typical schedule M-F, special projects may require occasional weekend and/or holiday work with excellent pay.
· Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verifications throughout employment history to ensure that all records meet company policy standards along with DOT screening and secure facility badge requirements.
Please submit your resume, cover letter if desired, mandatory salary history and salary requirements.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. LLC is the leader in the environmental industry in Hawaii. Oasis provides hazardous and nonhazardous waste management and disposal, materials recycling, transformer services, and environmental consulting services. Oasis utilizes a global network of resources to insure your environmental needs are meet with the latest technology and updated regulations. With customers in a variety of industries throughout Hawaii and partners across the globe, updates in industry standards and safety protocols are quickly shared throughout our company and passed onto our clients. Oasis is known in the industry for providing highly qualified professionals to service your needs and provide the ultimate customer service experience throughout Hawaii and the Pacific Rim.
96-1333 Waihona St., Unit C, Pearl City, HI 96782